Date(s) - 09/17/2018 - 09/21/2018
COST: $4,450 | $4,000 TDA Advocate Members
*Note: After June 1st we cannot guarantee pricing and availability of the hotels we have contracted, therefore trip costs and accommodations may vary for those who register after this date.
TRIP COST INCLUDES
- Scheduling of 20+ group/individual meetings
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- Luxury accommodations at 5-star hotels in Shenzhen & Hong Kong
- Business Class Ground Transportation for all meetings and transfers between Hong Kong & Shenzhen
- Most meals indicated in agenda
*Note: Airfare will need to be booked separately. We encourage participants to arrive in Hong Kong by September 15th. Flight information and recommendations will be provided to registered participants.
A unique opportunity to establish new business and trade relationships in Hong Kong & Shenzhen, explore and learn about their business and investment opportunities and help to promote the Greater Seattle region.
PURPOSE OF MISSION
The purpose of this mission is to promote the Greater Seattle region as a world-class business center, its ports, and education resources. Business representatives, as well as education, port, and government officials from the Greater Seattle region will have the opportunity to establish relationships and facilitate closer commercial ties with this dynamic economy. More specific objectives of the mission include:
- To enhance knowledge of the current economic conditions and businesses opportunities in both Shenzhen & Hong Kong
- To enable business delegates to meet specific business objectives, ranging from exposure to market opportunities to making individual contacts
- To develop & expand relationships between the business, government and multiplier organizations in our region, and those in both Shenzhen and Hong Kong
PROPOSED MISSION ITINERARY
|September 14th – 15th||Depart Seattle; Arrive Hong Kong >
Transfer to Shenzhen
|September 15th– 18th||Business Meetings and Accomodations in Shenzhen|
|September 18th – 22nd||Business Meetings and Accomodations in Hong Kong|
|September 22nd||Depart Hong Kong > Arrive Seattle|
DID YOU KNOW…
- China represents the third fastest growing source of FDI into the US and the 11th largest source of FDI in the US, according to SelectUSA (2016)
- China exports more goods from Washington State than any other state in the U.S.
- China is the largest waterborne trade partner for the Northwest Seaport Alliance (2016)
- China is the largest customer of Washington State aerospace and transportation equipment for over ten years
- China is the top source of international students studying in Washington State
- Hong Kong ranked 5th for ease in doing business (World Bank’s Doing Business 2018 Report released in November 2017)
- Shenzhen is known as China’s high tech and life sciences hub of China
- The ports of Shenzhen and Hong Kong are the third and fifth largest ports by container volume in the world (2016)
ARE YOU A SMALL BUSINESS?
Small businesses are eligible to apply for an Export Voucher from the Washington State Department of Commerce. The voucher offers qualified companies up to $5,000 for export related expenses. For more information visit the website or contact Michele Ko at the Department of Commerce.
For more information, please contact Shelly Hutcheson (email@example.com)